Location: 959 Whitehorse Rd, Box Hill 3128
Telephone: (03) 9899 8666
Lunch | Sunday ~ Saturday 1130 – 1500
Dinner | Sunday ~ Thursday 1800 – 2200
Dinner | Friday ~ Saturday 1800 – 2300
We really enjoyed their Shanghainese dim sim where we thought they were spot on. As a Shanghainese I was most impressed with their steamed dumplings and pan-fried pork dumplings.
The classic decor of the restaurant displayed snippets of Shanghai in the 30s with large framed pictures of The Bund and poster girls in black and white; nothing overwhelmingly Chinese with a touch of the western ambiance.Dishes shared between three (late lunch):
- Lunch Menu Cold Entrée – Smoked Fish 上海香燻魚 $4.50
- Shanghai Pan Fried Buns 上海生煎包 (4pcs 四件) $6.80
- Steamed Shanghai Dumplings 上海小籠包 (4pcs 四件) $4.00
- Pan Fried Pork Dumplings 豬肉鍋貼 (4pcs 四件) $6.80
- Beef and Egg Soup (pot 一窩) 西湖牛肉羹 $15.00
- Shanghai Spring Onion Pancake 上海蔥油餅 (2pcs 兩張) $3.50
- Steamed Scallops 蒜蓉粉絲蒸帶子 (4pcs 四件) $12.00
It’s a hit for sure this one.