Leave the butter, eggs and cream cheese out and bring to room temperature
Ingredients for Choc Chip Cupcakes:
- 125g Unsalted Butter (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup Caster Sugar
- 2 Eggs (room temperature preferable)
- 1/3 cup Orange Juice
- Optional: 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Optional: Cupcake Decorations
- 225g Self-raising Flour
- 1/4 cup Chocolate Chips
Ingredients for Nutella Cream Cheese Icing:
- 100g Light Philadelphia Cream Cheese Block (or any Cream Cheese) at room temperature
- 4 pieces of dark cooking chocolate
- 2 tbsp of Nutella
Steps to Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a cupcake tray with paper cases.
- Cream butter and sugar together using an electric beater until light and smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat in well.
- Add the juice and flour and quickly mix until combined, avoid overbeating the flour.
- Add the chocolate chips into the mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into paper cases, fill it above half full. (I only have one cupcake tray which makes 6, so the rest of the paper cases were placed on a baking tray)
- Bake for 25mins+ until lightly golden brown.
- Leave the cupcakes on the cooling rack to cool.
Steps to Icing:
- Melt the dark chocolate pieces in a bowl over hot water OR microwave until melted
- Use a spatula and soften the cream cheese, then mix in Nutella and melted dark chocolate.
- Add icing sugar to thicken the icing, skip this step if it already is thick enough to spread onto the cupcakes.
- Prepare a bowl and fill it up with cupcake decorations of your choice, here I have used coloured candy sprinkles. Dip each cupcake with the icing side down into the bowl of sprinkles.