Vanilla Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing!
Why did I participate in the RSPCA Cupcake Day this year? I have 3 reasons:
- My pet cat ChowChow was adopted into the family
- I wanted to perfect my cupcake baking skills
- I wanted to share the cupcakes with my colleagues
Mostly importantly, I am baking for a good cause.
Although my creative energy had been drained to the max today BUT! I am very happy with the result.
Together with my colleagues, I believe that we have raised more than 300 dollars for the RSPCA. All thanks to my colleagues for supporting us at this fundraise.
- Leave the butter, eggs and cream
- cheese out and bring to room temperature
Ingredients for Vanilla Cupcakes:
- 125g Unsalted Butter (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup Caster Sugar
- 2 Eggs (room temperature preferable)
- 1/3 cup Orange Juice
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 225g Self-raising Flour
Ingredients for Cream Cheese Icing:
- 125g Light Philadelphia Cream Cheese Block (or any Cream Cheese)
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 50g Sifted Icing Sugar (optional, omit if you don’t want the topping to be too sweet)
- 1 tbsp Cocca Powder for dusting
- Mini Marshmallows
- Caramel Fudge
Steps to Plain Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a cupcake tray with paper cases.
- Cream butter and sugar together using an electric beater until light and smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat in well.
- Add the juice and flour and quickly mix until combined, avoid overbeating the flour.
- Spoon the mixture into paper cases, fill it above half full.
- Bake for 25mins+ until lightly golden brown.
- Leave the cupcakes on the cooling rack to cool.
Steps to Cream Icing:
- Use a spatula and soften the cream cheese, then mix in milk with a beater, 2 teaspoons each time. (Add optional icing sugar at this stage). The mixture should be creamy and not runny, so adjust the amount of milk you use.
- Scoop the cream icing into a piping bag and get piping!
Final decoration steps are optional:
- Add marshmallow and small pieces of fudge to the top of the cream icing
- Use a mini sifter to dust coca powder onto the cupcakes
Serves 18 (Medium Sized cupcakes)
I’ve created downloadable wallpapers for ones who weren’t able to try these cupcakes! I hope that you will like them.
Please donate a gold coin to me for the good cause, every penny counts towards my target of 100$ by 2013. You can do so by visiting my everydayhero
page and click on the green button ‘Give Now’.
|RSPCA Cupcake Day Wallpaper 01|
|RSPCA Cupcake Day Wallpaper 02|
|RSPCA Cupcake Day Wallpaper 03|
Please visit my everydayhero page and donate.
Thank you in advance for your support and generosity!
Find Nikki on Instagram