Milk custard pudding is very easy to make, it’s very light and you can always add your favourite fruit toppings to it.This is a recipe I came across on DianDian.com(the Chinese Tumblr?), I was attracted to this recipe’ simplicity and easy-to-find ingredients.
- 250ml Milk (I used full cream) 牛奶 (我用了全脂)
- 2 teaspoons of sugar 两勺糖
- 2 eggs – egg white 二隻蛋清
- Bring the milk to the boil and pour it into a bowl to cool
- In another bowl, blend the sugar and egg white together until the sugar is dissolved. Be gentle with the blending; doesn’t matter if the sugar isn’t completely dissolved.
- By now there should be a layer (of milk?) floating on top of the milk; pour the luke warm milk into the bowl with the egg white, be slow with this step as we want to keep that layer of milk in its original bowl.
- Gently blend milk and egg white together
- Pour the mixture back into the bowl with the layer of the milk (it should float back up as you pour the mixture back in)
- Put the bowl into the steamer for 15 minutes
- Leave it out to cool down, or alternatively you can keep it in the fridge