Location: 154 Little Bourke Street, Melbourne 3000
Telephone: (03) 9639 2633
Sunday ~ Saturday
Lunch 1130 – 1500
Dinner 1745 – 2300
Menus available online
Previous short review, click here
Crystal Jade was very impressive with their dishes, this Cantonese restaurant specialise in dim sims, roasts and seafood dishes. Went to the restaurant as a fairly large group (two tables/just under 20 people), they have catered us well and served us with very presentable dishes high with quality.
Really loved the soup and the Deep fried taro filo with duck fillet dish; simply of their taste and usage of ingredients. If you love your mushrooms and veggies – Sauteed Scallops with Seasonal Vegetables and Shimeji Mushrooms would not disappoint; I can still feel the crunchy veggies in my mouth. Their menu covers quite a large range of meat and veggies, so I am sure that you will find something that will satisfy the taste buds.
Price is at restaurant standard, they do a good job with all of their dishes. I think it was average $30 per head with the dishes described below (two of each of the dishes).
- Boiled Fish Fillets with Preserved Mustard and Bean Curd Soup 鹹酸菜豆腐滾魚湯 (for 4) – $20.00
- Quad Selections of Roast Platter – 燒味四拼 (for 3) – $27.00
- Braised Egg Plant with Pork Mince in Claypot 漁香茄子煲 – $18.00
- Diced Chicken with Dried Chilli 宮保雞丁 – $20.00
- Sauteed Scallops with Seasonal Vegetables and Shimeji Mushrooms 松茸菇碧綠炒帶子 – $33.00
- Deep Fried Taro Filo with Duck Fillet 荔茸香酥鴨 – $30.00
- Live Barramundi Steamed with Ginger and Spring Onion 盲鰽薑蔥清蒸 – Market Price