Location: 230 King St, Melbourne 3000
Telephone: (03) 9670 1661
Lunch | Monday ~ Friday | 12oo – 1430
Dinner | Monday ~ Saturday | 1730 – 2130
Japan in the midst of Melbourne CBD
I’m contemplating the thought… I’ll give it this time. Let’s say it takes a fair call to please me and certainly Hibachi sits to top the list. The last few weeks have been quite a dramatic experience in trying various Japanese joints, and I’ve always found the nook & the cranny that’s dropped the point. But this experience was different…Situated in Melbourne’s most bustling King Street, this dinning setting has indeed the show, the style, and the taste… and seriously, they really seem to know to know the touch of presentation on the plate… hats off!
Small portions yet again for quite a dear price, may I say …but hey, I went in prepared. Nevertheless, the satisfaction existed on discovering true taste, well presented to suit the dinning palate.
Go for the try… you won’t regret it, and take good company like I did… it made the experience worthwhile.
- Buta Kushi Katsu 串カツ $13.80 [Deep-fried skewer marinated pork belly served w/ Japanese BBQ sauce]
- Tako Dango Yaki たこ団子焼き $13.80 [Japanese Octopus Balls top w/ katsuobushi]
SUSHI & SASHIMI
- Hibachi Caterpillar 火鉢カタピーラ $22.80 [Nori roll inside out w/ grilled eel, cucumber, avocado & tobiko]
MAIN COURSE (Served with steamed rice)
- Tori Teriyaki 鳥照り焼き $26.80 [Chicken maryland fillets glazed w/ teriyaki sweet soy sauce]
- Tempura Ice Cream with Almond Flake てんぷらアイスクリーム $9.50
- Green Tea Sponge Cake served w/ your choice of ice cream (black sesame) 抹茶ケーキ $8.50 (They didn’t have Green Tea Sponge Cake so I was offered Green Tea Mochi 抹茶餅 instead)
Number of NurikkoVisits diners: Three